I have two boy children. One aged 7, and one who has just celebrated his first birthday. Now, I don’t know about girl children, but my boys grow like weeds. It feels like we’re constantly buying new clothes and shoes for them – because they’re outgrowing what they have, so quickly. My firstborn has had such a dramatic growth spurt in the last year, that he’s gone from wearing 5-6y sizes, to 9-10y. He’s enormous.
This growth spurt has necessitated an entire new wardrobe. Everything has been packed away, for The Toffee to wear when he’s older. Winter has also arrived and brought with it the need for warm, comfy clothes.
I don’t have much time right now to spend shopping in malls for clothes for my kids. It’s impossible. The Kid hates shopping, and I try not to subject him to it. Also, it’s damn near impossible persuading him to try something on. So what do you do when you have zero time to hit the mall? You shop online.
Mr P recently sent me a voucher and invited me to review their online store, by having a shop for my kids. Perfect timing, given the wardrobe/growth spurt crisis I just described. So I shopped on their website, placed my order and would like to share the following about my experience:
- The entire shopping experience took less than 30 minutes. It was heavenly not to have to wander the aisles of a store, searching fruitlessly for the items I’m after. Everything on the store is laid out/categorised so as to make it as easy as possible for me to find what I want.
- I didn’t have to hunt the racks for sizes. Searching for bigger/different sizes on a clothing rail in a store is completely annoying and time-consuming. I could pick the items in the size I needed (and be informed right away if the size I wanted was out of stock).
- I got a lot of stuff for the money spent. I got 2 hoodies/sweatshirts and 2 shirts for The Kid and a warm, fluffy onesie for The Toffee, for under R500.
- The range of items is pretty decent, and it’s stuff that my Kid will love. From Phineas & Ferb branded stuff, to Spiderman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – there’s a good mix of cool and functional/practical clothing.
- There’s a variety of convenient payment options – from using your store charge card, to credit/debit/gift card facilities, you can also pay cash on delivery.
- As is usual, with Mr P, their returns policy is great. If you’re not happy with anything – they’ll take it back.
Now, I wait for my order to be delivered – so I can share with you what I got for my boys. I’m pretty sure I won’t have long to wait, as I’ve only heard good things on Twitter about Mr P’s delivery times. Until then, I have a little giveaway to share with you.
I’m giving away a R200 Mr P voucher for mums (and dads!) to spend on the Moresome Awesome range for kids online, so you can try the online shopping facility for yourselves.
- Have a look at the online store (shop girls or shop boys) and leave me a comment on this post, telling me who you’d spend the voucher on and what items you’d buy. (for example: I’d buy my 7year old son the dinosaur onesie and a Superman shirt)
- Share this on Twitter using #moresomeawesome and tag me in your tweet (@ExMi) – you don’t *have* to follow me, just tag me, so I can see it. (You can use this: Want to win a #moresomeawesome R200 @mrpfashion voucher to spend on your kids? @ExMi is giving one away: http://wp.me/p3Khdn-Gs)
I will pick a winner on Monday the 30th of June, and this winner will be announced on Twitter at 8pm. Winners will be selected at random. You will need to DM me your contact name, number and address, after which I will hand over these details to the marketing agency to get your voucher to you.