The weekend in pictures:
1. Every time we go to Greenstone Mall, we have to visit the huge robot. And the arcade. And the toy shop. And the sweet shop. Kid’s orders, and he usually gets his way.
2.Beautiful travel mug that my fiance bought me. For the drive in to work every day. It’s pink and it’s paisley and it makes me think of Angel. I’ve already had 3 cups of coffee out of it today, and I think the shakes are on their way pretty soon.
3. The compulsion to sort, re-pack and re-organise shit struck me this weekend. Late Sunday afternoon in fact. It’s exhausting. Joburg’s Darling gave me a wonderful idea for using a tall bookshelf that we acquired from in -laws gave us a few weeks back. It was originally used in their home office for storing lever arch files. It also had wheels on the bottom. I had the fiance take the wheels off and turned it on its side, so it could fit under my bookshelf.
I had a vision in my head of each little cubicle being filled with storage baskets which would in turn be filled with a variety of The Kid’s toys. After all, the downstairs area of the house is for him. I went off in search of these storage baskets yesterday afternoon, but came home empty-handed and bitterly disappointed. The vision I have in my head involves red storage baskets and all I could find was pink, blue or brown. Bleh. So now, the hunt is on for red storage baskets. Or I might just make my own. I haven’t decided yet. Either way, I had to content myself yesterday afternoon with merely packing his toys and books onto the shelves – which freed up a lot of space in his room.
4. I bought a clock for our kitchen sometime in September last year. After a fair amount of nagging, the fiance put it up for me yesterday. Now all I need is to buy some plate hooks, so I can have my ever-growing collection of small blue-and-white plates mounted on the wall around the clock too.
5. We found an awesome sale yesterday, and picked up a few Playstation 2 games for The Kid. We’ve set up dad’s old PS2 for him downstairs, so he can play games without us having to fight over the TV upstairs. The Kid and his dad spent the whole afternoon playing Spiderman together, which kept them out of my hair while I had an organisational bee in my bonnet.
6. I spotted this, this morning after I dropped The Kid off at school. It put a smile on my Monday face.
So. how was your weekend? Also too short?