I promised recipes. I know I did. So here’s one:
1. Cookies & Cream Cheesecake:
- 250g Tennis biscuits, halved (the original recipe called for chocolate biscuits, but my favourite part about cheesecake is the coconut biscuit crust)
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 x 250g tubs of cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 250g packet Romany Creams biscuits, halved
- 150g Oreos or cream-filled chocolate biscuits, roughly broken up
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly oil a 20cm springform pan. Crush Tennis biscuits until they resemble fine breadcrumbs and then pour in the butter, and mix until well combined. Press mixture over base and sides of your pan and place in the fridge.
- Next step is to make the filling. You can use an electric mixer, but i made do with a wooden spoon and a whisk. All you do is beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, and then add the eggs, one at a time, until the mixture is a bit runny. Then stir in the biscuits. Pour mixture into pan and place pan on a baking tray in the oven.
- It will need to bake for 45mins to an hour and is set when it wobbles slightly in the middle. Turn off the oven and let the cheescake cool in the oven until the oven is completely cold. Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.