Excuse Me While I Panic,

So my Boyfriend casually drops into conversation that he thinks it’s time for another baby. Time to give The Kid a brother or a sister. I had a total goldfish moment. Eyes slightly buldging, mouth opening and closing and a blank, uncomprehending expression on my face.

He wants to go through the sleepless nights AGAIN? Through the teething and the runny nappies and the colic and the crying and the ear infections, nose infections, coughing, sleepless nights and crying and more crying AGAIN? He wants me to have morning sickness for five months, AGAIN? He wants to start over, from scratch, AGAIN?

Quick.

Someone tell me why it’s a bad idea before my uterus and ovaries agree with him.

And no, don’t expect this picture to help you in thinking up reasons why not to have another one:

This entry was posted in family things, parenting things, relationship things and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Excuse Me While I Panic,

1. TotallyCooked says:

do it – again πŸ˜‰

2. joyanne says:

wow! that’s big!! i’d do anything to hear those words coming outta G’s mouth but he’s 100% clear on No More Kids Ever (that includes adoption, which I would also consider).

Then again you’re a lot younger than I which means you don’t have to rush anything.

having said that lots of parents reckon get all the baby stuff done in a few years rather than returning to it later…

so! watcha gonna do!!!?
    .-= joyanne´s last blog ..Dear Tooth Fairy =-.

This is a difficult one. In my opinion, your Kid deserves a brother/sisster to be a mate with on the other side, I agree with you. Not only the morning sickness, colic, standing up in the freaking cold winter nights to feed baby and not even to mention the fact of more money just slips away, I have to agree with you, those things even scares me about having another one.

Good luck about making a decision.
    .-= blackhuff´s last blog ..The birds and the bees =-.

Well, you know where I stand on having another one πŸ™‚

I think it would be awesome for the Kid to have a sibling, and I speak from personal experience, I was an only child for 7 years before my brothers came along. I always wanted a sibling and it was lonely being the only one.

But that’s just my thoughts. You have to do what is right for you and for your family!
    .-= Gina´s last blog ..8… 8… =-.

5. As an only child I’d say that there is nothing wrong with not having another Kid … BUT if you are planning on doing it again eventually probably a good idea to do it in the region of now so that the kids are vagually close in age.

A friend of mine accidentally fell pregnant at 22 and now 10 years later is planning on another child and I think that the age gap is HUUUUGE!

6. NickiD says:

DO IT!!! I’m totally with the Boyfriend here … probably because my ovaries are practically SCREAMING to be put to work again πŸ™‚ x
    .-= NickiD´s last blog ..Happy Birthday Monkey Moo =-.

7. Pingback: Number 2 « Life with Luca

8. MeeA says:

πŸ™‚ good luck!

9. Sharon says:

I’m sure you’ll have loads of fun during the experimentation process to determine whether you will indeed be able to fall pregnant again πŸ™‚
    .-= Sharon´s last blog ..Wedding at The Bridge, Muldersdrift =-.

10. Do it! Our babies will be friends and cousins. πŸ™‚ I am with the BF and your ovaries …

11. Romy says:

C’mon do it! All the cool kids are πŸ˜‰

12. Hardspear says:

Our baby slept right through for 2 nights in succession, so I also feel broody. Nothing like good sleep for the old sex drive and procreation instinct.
    .-= Hardspear´s last blog ..Bad Blogger Hardspear =-.

13. Aliceinwonderland says:

GO FOR IT!!!!! i think it’s time…. then again it’s not me having the kid….

14. I am an only child and I sustain, no child should be an only one. I f now is the time, is another issue though – only you would know.

Teehee… Did you answer him yet?

16. caz says:

so what did you say??

I think that he should give you a big fat rock first! πŸ˜›
    .-= caz´s last blog ..The whys and the what ifs =-.

17. Laura says:

Agh do it man! Then you, me, Rebecca can all be pregnant together!

Who knows maybe even the Kretzmer/Shebegee household will join us :-p
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..Stuff =-.

18. Shebee says:

What the FUCK?! Laura Kim take that back immediately!

Jirre bru. I got all panicky reading that comment.
    .-= Shebee´s last blog ..8 things that I currently love in life =-.

19. Wenchy says:

.-= Wenchy´s last blog ..Life… as it happens =-.

20. danyelle says:

hmmm… how about no b/c you just don’t want to? unless, you actually do. in my case, i would love to, even doing it alone. but i’m not ready and neither is silly monkey. we like our “just the two of us” time. that said… going through everything with my mom and her cancer, had it just been me with no siblings to lean on and have help, i don’t think i could have done it. just some thoughts to nibble on.

21. Tara says:

Want the other side? πŸ˜›

All these women are just so baby happy *fucking runs*

Bru go with your gut, if you want to do it then go for it. If you don’t, then don’t. I mean I can think of a million reasons not to but those are just for me, most of them don’t apply to you mommy people πŸ˜›

22. Pingback: Tweets that mention ExMi Β» Excuse Me While I Panic, -- Topsy.com

23. Laura says:

Sheena you are the only person to call me Laura-kim – so just for that I wont take it back!

I think you should do it! Honestly you rock as a mom!
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..Stuff =-.

24. LOL that’s big news!! And stressful, even the thought of trying is stressful!
    .-= Jeanette Verster´s last blog ..151/365 – Golden Sunset =-.

I say do it, but that is because I am ready for number 2 so bad.
    .-= Bobbi Janay´s last blog ..Travel Newbie =-.

26. kyknoord says:

Maybe this would be a good time to find out how many he’s expecting and negotiate from there.
    .-= kyknoord´s last blog ..Let me get back to you on that =-.

27. sleepyjane says:

Dude – you know me. I’m allergic to babies…well yours is cute, you know what I mean. If you want to you should and if you don’t then you shouldn’t. Otherwise it’s just something you’ll resent deeeeeeeeeeeep down inside a little bit, you know?

No harm in practicing though. πŸ˜‰
    .-= sleepyjane´s last blog ..Dying just to get there =-.

28. Briget says:

Shitballs in snow… I just fell off mine chair!
    .-= Briget´s last blog ..Thinking of having another one.. =-.

I’m with you on that one, i am looooooooooooooving sleeping thru the night again. I can delay until we’re in better financial shape – i.e. not living month to month with no credit cards, but with actual money saved… But i can’t use no medical aid as an excuse anymore.

30. dude i was an only child – it’s waaaay better. trust me. πŸ™‚ but i’m biased considering the only thing i plan on giving birth to after ava is another novel.
    .-= ericka @ alabaster cow´s last blog ..wassup, bitches? =-.