Rainy Days

On account of how it’s Earth Day and everything, let’s talk about my favourite nature-shiz-related thing ever. Rainy days.

1. I love jeans and sneakers and warm scarves and cardigans.
2. I love waking up to the sound of rain on the window and savouring the warmth of my bed and The Boyfriend next to me.
3. I love it when the rain stops long enough for me to walk to the shops with my Kid so he can jump in every single puddle he comes across.
4. I love the sound of the windscreen wipers in the car on the way to work.
5. I love the patterns made on the window by falling raindrops.
6. I love the particular kind of light that’s created by an overcast sky, that comes in through half-open curtains.
7. I love tracksuit pants and granny jerseys and eating ice cream under the covers in bed.
8. I love the way everything smells green, wet and fresh after rain.
9. I love shopping malls when it rains. Rainy days make me want to spend money.
10. I love long, uninterrupted naps on rainy days.

But…here I am at the office…on a rainy day.

What do you love about rainy days?

This entry was posted in life things, love things and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Rainy Days

I like the darkness that comes with rainy days and the fact that the day feels shorter.
    .-= blackhuff´s last blog ..Some new rules =-.

2. sleepyjane says:

I LOVE rainy days. While I was reading your list I realised that I totally agree with no4 and I’ve never really thought about it.

Something about the sound makes me feel safe and peaceful. 🙂
    .-= sleepyjane´s last blog ..I don’t even wash my hair =-.

3. Twistygirl says:

I love spending rainy days watching movies on the couch under a blanket. It’s even better whith hot chocolate and marie biscuits
    .-= Twistygirl´s last blog ..Domestic Disturbance =-.

4. Pingback: Tweets that mention ExMi » Rainy Days -- Topsy.com

I love the way rain days make you just feel the need to get cosy in an oversized chair with a hot drink and a great book.
    .-= cassey´s last blog ..Win some kick-ass stuff in the Monster MashUp Contest =-.

6. Oh and pancakes and good coffee.

7. Jeanette says:

Oooh shopping! I need to go shopping!
    .-= Jeanette´s last blog ..110/365 – Puppy dog eyes =-.

I am a shopper when I can’t control things, so I need my life back to normal.
    .-= Bobbi Janay´s last blog ..When does the lasanga hit me in the face? =-.

9. kyknoord says:

I also warm scarves and cardigans; I just don’t think I could eat a whole one.

10. Alet says:

I love everything about raining days when I am at home and only then 🙂
    .-= Alet´s last blog ..You know your child choses your boyfriend over you … and other things: =-.

Pretty much like yours, ‘cept I don’t like the smell after the rain.
    .-= Angel´s last blog ..It Finally Happened… =-.