On account of how it’s Earth Day and everything, let’s talk about my favourite nature-shiz-related thing ever. Rainy days.
1. I love jeans and sneakers and warm scarves and cardigans.
2. I love waking up to the sound of rain on the window and savouring the warmth of my bed and The Boyfriend next to me.
3. I love it when the rain stops long enough for me to walk to the shops with my Kid so he can jump in every single puddle he comes across.
4. I love the sound of the windscreen wipers in the car on the way to work.
5. I love the patterns made on the window by falling raindrops.
6. I love the particular kind of light that’s created by an overcast sky, that comes in through half-open curtains.
7. I love tracksuit pants and granny jerseys and eating ice cream under the covers in bed.
8. I love the way everything smells green, wet and fresh after rain.
9. I love shopping malls when it rains. Rainy days make me want to spend money.
10. I love long, uninterrupted naps on rainy days.
But…here I am at the office…on a rainy day.
What do you love about rainy days?