Since we last spoke:
- It took me eleven hours (over Friday and Monday) to re-write three insurance policies. This time round sucked even worse than previous rounds, because I knew what to expect. It’s like wading through jelly or trying to herd small children. Only much, much less pleasant.
- I had a massive brawl with The Boyfriend. The cause of which only this person and that person know. On account of how it’s indirectly related to someone else who is indirectly related to other things that are relevant in my life. On account of how I still maintain that the incident in question had absolutely no relevance in my life, due to the fact that what I have in my life is unquestionable.
- I woke my mother up at 8am on Sunday morning for a cup of tea, because I’d stormed out of my house after being woken up at 4 am for an argument, having him fall back asleep and then being unable to get back to sleep myself.
- Having calmed down, I picked The Boyfriend up and took him with me for a drive to go see a very good, very gorgeous, very hungover friend. My Boyfriend was just as hungover, so it wasn’t long before we headed home so he could sleep off the party from the night before.
- The night before was Sheena’s Jon’s 30th birthday party – dress up, no less – and the theme was anything that starts with the first letter of your name. I was Trashy Tinkerbell – without a fucking fairy dress, I might add ( I’d hired one but hadn’t bothered to check if the zipper worked. It didn’t and I couldn’t wear it.Fuck.)
- Everyone (except me) proceeded to get horribly trashed. Sheena made awesome cake. Everyone had at least three pieces each, of that awesome cake. The Goose and I were even feeding it to each other.
- I’ve said it before, but my Boyfriend is a messy drunk. As is The Best Friend.
- It was my sister’s 21st birthday party this weekend. A pasta party, no less. It was at her boyfriend’s parents’ house and each guest had to bring a different pasta dish/sauce. There was awesome butternut soup with croutons for starters and about 45 different desserts. It was a very happy, love-filled evening – all extended and random parts of the family coming together to love my sister.
- I got stuck in Joburg CBD for two and a half hours with no cell phone, no car, no cash and no way to get hold of anyone to come and rescue me. I was stuck out on the street because I’d swiped out of the building and I couldn’t be let back inside without someone inside the building booking me in. Phones at security could only make internal calls. It was cold, windy and fucking miserable and not being able to even tweet was just torture.
- I usually refer to these kinds of scenarios as ‘just my fucking luck’. In other words, shit like this ALWAYS happens to me.
- I spent Sunday morning doing some retail therapy. I bought a cupcake recipe book gift set (came in a pretty box with 12 silicone cupcake holders) and a pasta recipe book for Zoo Biscuit (my sister) and some presents for my knocked-up-friend’s baby shower this weekend. I bought a couple of things for my Boyfriend’s winter wardrobe and a radical pair of high-top sneakers for The Kid. I bought myself some earrings, a scarf and some long-sleeved cotton t-shirts that come in so handy when layering in winter. As well as more stockings/tights/pantihose or wtf-ever those things are called – because I love those things. Underpants and socks all in one – what a win.
- It’s four sleeps until something very very cool happens. And if you’re reading this sentence, and it makes sense to you – how excited are you?
- I have given up hope of ever liking this Nokia E72. I have actually abandoned it. It’s not a bad phone – not at all, everything is pretty rad in fact – but I just cannot find a decent (free) twitter app. Snaptu keeps crashing, Nimbuzz is shite and Tweet60 doesn’t open my @replies. So I now have one of them touchscreen Blackberries and I wonder how long it will be before I want to smash that against the wall.
- I made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies last night. They’re made with organic peanut butter and are absolutely delicious. Boyfriend doesn’t like chocolate that’s not white – which means there’s more for me and The Kid!
- The rhino-liting of the walls upstairs is complete – the painting is going to get done this weekend. Taking it one baby step at a time, but getting there slowly.
So what have I missed out on, from your side?