And So. We Know. Pink Or Blue?

The FiancΓ© was right. It’s another boy. I am going to be completely out-numbered by boys and boys things.

I was a teeny bit disappointed, I won’t lie. But only for a second. I’m not ungrateful. He’s healthy, I’m healthy and he seems to be perfect. He weighs 273grams. I’m 19weeks 5days pregnant, which is further along than I originally thought. I thought I was only 17 weeks pregnant, but the size of the baby apparently indicates otherwise.

This means that I’m due mid-May instead of end of May like we first thought. No biggie, I guess. What’s 2 weeks, right?

Also, the more I think about it, the more I realise that it’s better to have another boy. I still have loads of The Kid’s clothes. He has loads of cool toys to pass on. They can go to the same (all boy) school. I know how to look after boy babies. I mean, I have no idea what it would be like to open a nappy and see a tiny little vajay-jay. Also The Kid really wanted a brother. Okay, he wanted a BIG brother, but I don’t think he really understands how it all works.

So yes. It’s a boy. We’re having a boy. Another one.

Now we just need to decide what to name him!

This entry was posted in family things, life things, love things, parenting things and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to And So. We Know. Pink Or Blue?

1. Shebee says:

Yay for more boys! And until you decide on a name I’m going to carry in whatsapping you boy names πŸ™‚

Woohoo I’m gonna be a godmother to a little man-child!
    Shebee´s last blog post ..I can see clearly now…

I am seldom wrong… *raspberry* Love it! Love it!
    Angel´s last blog post ..You Want To Freak Me The Fork Out?!?

3. acidicice says:

FYI – opening up a nappy and finding a little vajayjay is quite disconcerting. Even if you know it’s supposed to be there.
    acidicice´s last blog post ..Protected: Disappointment

4. Lauren Prior says:

How exciting πŸ™‚

5. Molly says:

When I found out I was expecting another girl I was a teeny-weeny, ok a lot, disappointed too. But what I’ve learnt as my girls have grown is how different they are and how interesting that is. We expect different behaviour from different genders so we don’t observe as closely, but to watch two of ‘the same’ be so different is anthropologically fascinating.
    And the savings on the clothes and toys is pretty cool too.
    Congrats!
    Molly´s last blog post ..just gopher it

6. Anja says:

Just for another FYI – breastfeeding a chick felt WEIRD. Breastfeeding a laaitie just felt way more… acceptable (call me paranoid).

7. Nadia says:

Lol @acidicice I love it!!

And yay for another boy Tam! I had a feeling it would be a girl, but guess along with the magic 8 ball I was wrong. Our boys are going to be just a few months apart! Yay!!

I was right. Can understand your “little” dissapointment but know how happy you are that he and you are healthy.
    Congrats!

9. Louisa says:

Yay that you’re both doing well. I had kind of hoped that you’d be expecting a girl too, those nappies aren’t scary at all. πŸ˜‰ Can’t wait to hear tge potential names!
    Louisa´s last blog post ..Happy new year!

10. Jeanette says:

Yay πŸ™‚ must say I was also a little disappointed when we found out we were having another boy… but you know what… I’m quite happy now πŸ™‚
    And you’re an awesome boys mommy!
    Jeanette´s last blog post ..Shorn 194/365

*facepalm*
    I meant “love it” as in its exciting that you’re having another baby – boy or girl!

12. Ankia says:

Congratulations! I think you make a great boy mom πŸ™‚

13. MeeA says:

Congrats! πŸ™‚
    Glad you’re both doing well. Boy siblings get along much better than boy/girl siblings, in my experience…

14. Lee-Anne says:

Flip, I had no idea that another baba was on the way! Huge congrats such beautiful news!
    And having two boys can only be easier than having the “each” combination!

Good luck πŸ™‚