On Feet. Feet And Pregnancy

It's okay for him to have big feet. Me? I don't wanna.

Feet. I’d never given them much thought. Tortured them with too-high stilettos (shoes that i could only balance in when drunk – go figure) or walked around barefoot too much. I was pleased to be a size 5. Not too big, not too small. Usually pretty easy to find my size in stores.

I had a large-ish collection of heels. Ok, I’ll admit, i had a large-ish collection of most kinds of shoes. Life as a shoe (and handbag) collector was good. Until my first pregnancy in 2007.

Gasp. Shock. Horror. A few days before I found out I was pregnant, I bought a gorgeous pair of black heels that I never got to wear. I threw away all my heels, convinced that my life was over because I was having a baby. My feet got bigger. I went up to a size 6. None of my shoes fit. It was heart breaking.

My son is now 5 and I’m still a 6. But… I bought 2 new pairs of pumps the other week and they’re starting to feel a little cramped in the toe area. I don’t think I can cope going up to a size 7. I really don’t.

So what I want to know is: what size were you before you fell pregnant? Did you go back to your pre-pregnancy foot size? Have you had more than one pregnancy? Did your feet get progressively bigger with each one?

I’m dying here. Seriously. I can deal with stretch marks. I can deal with cankles. I can deal with water retention. But my feet getting bigger?

Save me! Tell me this is not happening!

This entry was posted in family things, life things, love things, parenting things and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to On Feet. Feet And Pregnancy

LOL! I see a lot of your man in your boy’s face in that photo!
    My pregnancy was too long ago to remember what happened to my feet… But I have the same size feet now as I did then.
    ๐Ÿ˜›
    Angel´s last blog post ..You Want To Freak Me The Fork Out?!?

2. dawn says:

6 before during and after my only pregnancy. But the water retention (+ socks cos I was biggest during winter) freaked me the fuck out.

3. Megg Geri says:

I have always been a size 6. Before, during, and after. I was very lucky, had no swollen feet or water retension. Good luck!

4. Ankia says:

My feet stayed the same size during and after pregnancy (I’m a 6) and I only retained water after James’ birth when my milk came in. But then I was eating super healthy and doing yoga every day which probably helped. I did the yoga because of my bad back and to help with natural birth and if I ate crap I felt sick ๐Ÿ™‚ But I must say I was blessed with a very easy pregnancy. Only about 2 weeks of (with no puking) morning sickness and only really uncomfortable for the last 3 weeks of my 3rd trimester.

5. Kerry says:

My feet got slightly wider after my two pregnancies, but they stayed the same size – thank goodness, they were already too big before any babies were involved!

6. Vee says:

Ha ha, I know how you feel! My feet grew about a half to a full size with my first pregnancy. I was a five to 5 and a half usually but they grew to a 6. But I went through 2 subsequent pregnancies, with plenty of water retention, and though they grew during those pregnancies, they luckily returned to a size 6 again. Never again a 5 unfortunately but at least not a 7!!
    Vee´s last blog post ..Christmas is upon us