My Kid is a Professional Emotional Blackmailer

One of those things about having a little boy is putting on his favourite pair of shoes (that fit perfectly yesterday) and having him tell you ‘these shoes hurt, mommy. take them off, please.”

Seriously. they fit just perfect yesterday. Did he just grow suddenly over night? Certainly seems like it.ย  And so we went through his cupboard and discovered nothing fits anymore. Except for a pair of Batman slippers. Which he wore to the mall, so we could go and buy him new shoes. We came back with two pairs of shoes for him, and two pairs of shoes for mommy.

The whole way to the mall in the car, The Kid kept asking me “going to the shops, mommy? going to buy me some shoes, please?” as if I needed to be constantly reminded that’s what we were doing. So desperate was he to go shoe-shopping that every little old lady who smiled at him in the shops he confided in (very loudly) “my mommy is taking me to buy shoes. look, i’m wearing my Batman slippers. Got no shoes.” and then he would turn back to me and say “I want shoes now, please, mommy will you buy me shoes?” and bat his eyelids and you could just see those little old ladies were judging me for depriving my child of shoes and how could I possibly be so mean to such a gorgeous, well-mannered polite little angelchild?

Seriously. My child suffers from no such thing as shoe deprivation, I promise you, little old ladies. He has more shoes than me, and that’s an achievement.

But, just in case he was feeling slightly shoe-deprived, I have made plans to take him and get him at least another four pairs of shoes this weekend. Hopefully that’ll hold us for another 5.2 seconds before he grows overnight. Again.

This entry was posted in family things, life things, love things, parenting things and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to My Kid is a Professional Emotional Blackmailer

those are such funky shoes!
    I must be the worst mommy, Aaron has two pairs of shoes and a pair of slippers, he alternates the shoes.
    I cannot bring myself to spend money (and kids shoes are outrageously expensive for the amount of wear they get) on shoes he will grow out of in 2/3 months…
    That being said, its definitely time to get some new winter shoes for the monster, me thinks I shall take him shopping this afternoon ๐Ÿ™‚
    .-= Gina´s last blog ..A wedding post =-.

Welcome to kiddy torture. My kid won’t go bath as her finger hurts. Kid logic. o_O

3. Pingback: Tweets that mention ExMi ยป My Kid is a Professional Emotional Blackmailer -- Topsy.com

4. wobbly01 says:

i thought little boys would be easieryour kid has such charactor! my daughter loves goiong to the shops-thanks for reminding me as well will b needing to do some serious winter shopping for her

5. Jeanette says:

If those are the ones you bought, please tell me where from? I STRUGGLE to get shoes for the boys!
    .-= Jeanette´s last blog ..89/365 โ€“ New props in the house =-.

6. Alet says:

hahaha! Don’t you just love little moments like that!!
    .-= Alet´s last blog ..Patience is not a strength =-.

7. Well my boys at present only have two pairs of shoes each – which they ever ware. But I expect winter to be a different story. The princess, well, that’s a different matter all together – she has the fetish, like me.

*giggling*

Hhhmmm… I think maybe the kid has been taking lessons from Jackson when it comes to getting sympathy from little old ladies in the shops…? Reminds me of the “just some shooooooes mommmyyyyyyyyyyy pleeeeease” episode!!
    ๐Ÿ˜€
    .-= Angel´s last blog ..Blog Challenge =-.

Ian also has a large number of shoes. I am not looking forward to him out growing them overnight.

Megan only wants to wear crocs. Everything else *hurts* her. WTF? I know we are Afrikaans white people but that does not mean that we HAVE to wear crocs. Apparently my kid did not get that memo.

Ps: “Her grandma bought her the crocs”
    .-= mommanats´s last blog ..The Top Ten Tuesday =-.

11. FrankieBeans says:

Sigh… I miss the days when I got new clothes every season because I grew out of them.