On Shit Days: Sure, They Could Be Worse, I Guess…

20111019-040803.jpg
….worse how, I’m not exactly sure, but yeah – those are the platitudes people feed you when something kak has happened – “it could be worse…”.

I walked out of a mall this morning to discover my car – picture above – still where I parked it – but not in the same condition it was in, when I locked it and walked on my merry way into the shops to exchange a pair of shoes I bought last week.

No one was around, no one saw anything; not one of the car guards or security guards knew anything about what had happened to my car. Obviously. Just my freakin’ luck.

Fuck. My fiancé was unbelievably calm about it, his legendary temper didn’t even make a hint of an appearance.

And me? I’m just sad. My poor mommy car has been through so much. I don’t really blame whoever pranged into my car and just drove off – after all – what would you have done if it was you?

So yeah. That was *my* day. Please tell me yours was better?

This entry was posted in life things, relationship things and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to On Shit Days: Sure, They Could Be Worse, I Guess…

Personally if it had been me I would have left a note, I once did a runner and it came back to bite me, badly. I will always take ownership now.
    Sorry your day has been kak.
    (((hugs)))
    Gina´s last blog post ..Once bitten twice shy…

2. James M says:

Not to defend the person, but I have hit someone’s car before and not had a single way to let them know it was me. There was no damage or anything, but not even a car guard around to let the person know on my behalf. But seriously, how can someone not notice that they have done that to your car? I hope karma comes back to bite them and hard!

3. wi3sa says:

I am sorry that the person didn’t own up 🙁 they least they could do was apologise.

But hey, this is where we live, I guess.

Hope tomorrow turns out better, and that it won’t cost a fortune to get fixed.

I won’t say it could have been worse. Because that would just be lame. All kinds of lame. And it could not have been.

Here’s to meh Wednesdays

4. Dave says:

OH hun…I’m so sorry luv. Had my car repaired recently…so I can totally sympathise! Really sorry! I’ve come to the decision that the really kak days are there to make the better days even more Asshum, so one shouldn’t take them for granted! I wish chronic diarrhea on the person who dinged-and-ditched you though…sending hugs and virtual “Life-Ups”.

5. Rebecca says:

I had a very GOOD day. But I’ll tell you about it at our next playdate. I know you love your car, but it is only a car and at least you were safe (and not responsible) 🙂
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..Blame it on a blue tap got you feeling dizzy

Fuck, that sucks.

Shame ExMi! Well, I woulda left a note- or waited for you!
    My day was productive and relatively quiet.
    Angel´s last blog post ..I’m Going To Be A Fashionista!

8. Jenty says:

That’s really crap!
    Jenty´s last blog post ..Project Bucket List to 40 – Boudoir Shoot

9. Tanya says:

Aaah, I am sorry about your car!

The same thing happened to me when I took my daughter to the hospital for her 6 week check up – I came back to find the car I loved suddenly had a large dent and scratches (and no one had seen who had dinged it and then disappeared).

It ruins your whole week 🙁
    Tanya´s last blog post ..Blog changes ahead

10. Eve D. says:

Same thing happened to my boyfriend yesterday… but the damage was more severe and now he has no sideview mirror … Sigh….

11. That Sucks. My car has been broken into 3 times in 1 year when I still lived in SA. In the past 8 years since I lived in the UAE my car has been broken into 0 times. The police don’t take kindly to criminals here.
    Spear The Mighty´s last blog post ..My handicap

Dammit!
    blackhuff´s last blog post ..Another reason

13. So who does that? Just walk away. Sorry girl
    cat@juggling act´s last blog post ..Thursday bits and pieces

14. Louisa says:

Urgh! That sucks. Hope you get it fixed up real soon and without too much drama.
    Louisa´s last blog post ..Hang on to your hat!

15. Think its sad that someone would just drive away, Karma has a way of getting you back.
    i just bought a new car would hate that to happen to me good luck on the repairs side hope you get a good deal.

PS: who knows maybe your car gave the other car a better beating lol
    Gayle@ HouseofG´s last blog post ..I’m bored