Ten For Tuesday

Busy-ness aside, I have to make dinner shortly, so I only have time for a short post.

For the sake of brevity, here’s a list of things in my world right now:

1. I ordered bedding for The Kid. It’s the dinosaur-print themed duvet set that I found on eBay yesterday. It’s exactly what I pictured in my head. I can’t wait for it to arrive. Bought more paint so we can finish his bed. Going to buy paint to paint his walls, this weekend. Then it’s a simple case of waiting for the bedding to arrive, so I can put everything together.

2. I can totally see why people get addicted to eBay shopping. It’s all I’ve thought about all day.

3. I’m using the WordPress app for BlackBerry. Must say: it’s pretty cool. On the not-so-cool side of things, I’ve never been able to get the google chat app to work. Any one got any suggestions for (free) alternatives.

4. I started a Tumblr. Inspired by SleepyJane, you can find mine here. If you’re a tumblr too, add me so I can find you, bitches.

5. I’ve been very domesticated lately. Trying out new recipes. In the last 5 days I have made: Cookies n cream cheesecake, pizza from scratch, a vanilla cake with vanilla butter icing, lasagna, my own breadrolls topped with cheese, onion, peppers and zucchini and baked spaghetti. I will blog those recipes as soon as I have time to access my blog from my macbook.

6. My Kid and Boyfriend are both suffering from a severe case of manflu. Whine flu. Whatever-you-wanna-call-it flu. They’ve both been high maintenance. I’ve been okay, except for last night when I felt ick, but getting an early night and about 12 hours of sleep helped.

7. My Kid and my Boyfriend watched Astro Boy over the weekend. The Kid has not stopped talking about the robot boy since. Have got to get him that movie. He was terribly upset when the film ended. The last movie that he watched like that was Kung Fu Panda.

8. He’s growing like an absolute weed lately. Aside from outgrowing all his shoes in 2.5 seconds, he’s suddenly outgrown his pants and shirts too. Suddenly he has long arms and long legs. His talking is coming along beautifully and his vocabulary is amazing. His sense of humour is wicked and he’s an absolute boy, through and through. Everything is bash and smash and guns and swords and mud and climbing things. He’s totally exhausting and so amazing.

9. I bought an amazing turquoise winter coat this weekend. And a cute pair of black sequin slip ons. And favourite other recent purchases: peacock earrings, skullprint slip on shoes for The Kid, a grey-blue knit jersey with cool sleeves and buttons. The Boyfriend’s sister also bought me an amazingly rad scarf back from Peru. It’s green and it looks like it will be much-loved this winter.

10. I want to start downloading and listening to audio books. But, like everything else on the internet. I expect it to be free. So hit me up with recommendations for your favourite (free) places to hook yourself up with the literary auditory works, please.

How bout you? What’s going on with you?

What have I missed out on in your life while I’ve been so busy?

This entry was posted in family things, life things, love things, parenting things, relationship things, work things and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Ten For Tuesday

Point 4.. at where? 🙂

2. Tanya says:

point 9 – turq winter coat: where? i love coats. buy a new one each winter. have black, red and plum. need turq.
    .-= Tanya´s last blog ..I don’t wanna stand BEHIND him =-.

3. This post was all ‘feel good’ , like catching up with a friend <3
    That's alot of recipes! Food Appreciation FTW! yeah
    .-= Hasina Suliman´s last blog ..Put your money where your Foot(ball) is? =-.

4. danyelle says:

#1 – so about to redo silly monkey’s room. trying to find an easy way to paint a lightish blue over a darkish green. without priming.

#2 – switch out ebay for etsy & that is totally me.

Please please please, I beg of you, please give us the cookies and cream cheese cake recipe!!!

And pics of that coat!! Sounds fantastic.
    .-= Gina´s last blog ..Thank you! =-.

6. Goose says:

I miss the cheesecake.

I miss it every day – you have ruined food for me for eternity, nothing can compare.

bitch.
    .-= Goose´s last blog ..The girls at the back of the bus =-.

7. Luca's Mum says:

Obvs you use BBM on your BlackBerry? MSN also has a good chat app for BB. Google chat should work though …
    Didn’t know you could buy stuff on eBay in SA?!?! OMG … there go the husband’s credit cards 😀
    .-= Luca’s Mum´s last blog ..Excited is an understatement … =-.

8. Pingback: Tweets that mention Ten For Tuesday: Busy-ness aside, I have to make dinner shortly, so I only have time for a sh... {new blog post} -- Topsy.com

9. Fairy Girl says:

Looking forward to the recipes:)
    .-= Fairy Girl´s last blog ..My first award =-.

Sounds like fun. On point 9 i’m sooo jealous of you living in a city where it gets cold enough to wear coats. On the plus side you’ve given me another thing to add to my “it’s time to move” list 🙂
    .-= cassey´s last blog ..Win some kick-ass stuff in the Monster MashUp Contest =-.

I’m not keeping up with my blog reading and its making me sad 🙁
    I’m wishing I could work half day so I could focus on weddings and cupcakes the rest of the time.
    .-= Angel´s last blog ..An Interview With A Photographer… =-.

I don’t know what to do with myself.
    .-= Bobbi Janay´s last blog ..When does the lasanga hit me in the face? =-.

My child also have outgrown his clothes all of a sudden. Need to buy some a.s.a.p this coming weekend because looks like the winter is here already.
    .-= blackhuff´s last blog ..Some new rules =-.

14. sleepyjane says:

I <3 Tumblr. A LOT. 🙂

Don't we get to see pictures of the coat? (You know I have a thing for winter wear)
    .-= sleepyjane´s last blog ..I don’t even wash my hair =-.