This Is How It Goes…

Proof that we’ve started on the makeover of The Kid’s room.

We bought him a bed last weekend, an awesome wooden self-assembly bed. And I decided to paint it myself, as the place we bought it from wanted to charge us 50% of the price of the bed to paint it for us. Just to paint it white. So I was planning on buying a few tins of paint and some rollers and doing it myself, but The Boyfriend (as usual) had other (apparently better) plans.

Plans that involved a spray gun, a tin of enamel matt off-white paint and a bottle of lacquer thinners. He had no idea of the mission he’d created for himself. And all I can say is thank eff for groundsheets, otherwise everything in my garage would be off-white. It took him the entire weekend, and he’s still not finished. He’s run out of paint. Siiiigh.

The mattress and bedding still needs to be bought. I’m thinking something like this.

I found it online, and am totally counting down the hours until I can go home and hijack The Boyfriend’s credit card and buy this bad boy. And we’re going to paint over the Spongebob murals – probably lime green and a custard yellow with white edgings.

And I want to do something like this as well:

Picture credit

So what do you think?

This entry was posted in life things and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to This Is How It Goes…

I think we’ll be sad to see the gorgeous mural go.. Don’t forget to take some final photies of it?

Perhaps get the friend to come back and do some dino murals for some ronts this time?

I like the duvet set and those pictures on the wall is stunning. I think The Kid will surely like it if he is anything like my son.
    .-= blackhuff´s last blog ..Fun =-.

3. Pingback: Tweets that mention ExMi » This Is How It Goes… -- Topsy.com

There you go and make all of us “non-creative” moms look like shit again! Job well done!
    .-= mommanats´s last blog ..99 bottles of beer on the wall…… =-.

Love the dino theme, and the dino stencil wall is AWESOME!
    .-= Gina´s last blog ..The average bra size today is 36C. Ten years ago it was 34B and other random facts. =-.

6. Luca's Mum says:

Looks amazing!!! What mural does he have in his room now? When we move I think I may take Luca’s bedroom wall WITH me 🙁 So much effort into his room and … we’re RENTING! ARGH!
    .-= Luca’s Mum´s last blog ..Excited is an understatement … =-.

7. That bedding is simply awesome!

8. Alet says:

Love the dino wall vinyls
    .-= Alet´s last blog ..Guess who watched Anger Management the weekend… =-.

9. Love your ideas! And so suitable for a little boy besotted with dinosaurs. Can’t wait to see the finished room…

LOL… gotta love a handyman!
    .-= Angel´s last blog ..An Interview With A Photographer… =-.

11. Panni says:

Hi,

Where did you order the bedding from?