From The Archives

Remember when you were younger and people that were older than you told you that you must enjoy school while you’re in school because one day you’ll look back and actually MISS being in school? I say BULLSHIT. I have never ever for one single second missed being in high school.

University, on the other hand, is a whole different kettle of fish. I miss too much time on my hands, I miss drinking at 10am for no reason other than we could. I miss studying the night before exams. I miss two-for-one cocktail specials. I miss skinny dipping in the sea at 3 am with my friends.  I miss getting kicked out of lectures. I miss Lambie and Dollface and Karen and I miss Prince Charming. I miss Justice Sprong and I miss Foo. I miss the parties we used to have and waking up in the morning and wondering where we were and what we did last night.

It was finding this post that did it.

This post that made me miss a simpler time in my life.

August 15, 2006:

We all drank wine and Turkish Tigers and talked shit, and then decided to go to this dodgy place in Buxtons centre, called Villains, to go play pool. Dyl whips a calculator out of his pocket, and starts pretending he’s having a conversation on it. We were all falling around laughing. Obviously it was one of those have to be there moments, but it was like this –
[on his calculator]
Dyl: Dude, I can’t organise that for you. I dont know who you are.
[pause as if the person on the other side of the phone is answering him]
Dyl: Hey, don’t threaten me, I’ll get your knee-caps broken you little pussy.
[pause]
Dyl: Ok, no brother. Don’t worry, we’re cool. I’ll see what I can do.
[pause. Dollface asked him something]
Dyl: No, that’s just Dollface. Yeah man, you know what it’s like. I got bitches coming out my ears’
[pause]
Dyl: Ok, I gotta go, I was playing a game of pool with my friends. I seriously need to get out of this business. I never get any free time. People phone me any time of day or night. Man, I’m so over this.
[he mimes cutting the call and then yells: I’m so over this crap. I’m putting my calculator on silent. On SILENT I tell you. The bastards wont be able to find me now. Fuckers!!]
**********
Dear Me From August 15, 2006,
I miss you.
That is all.

This entry was posted in life things and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to From The Archives

1. Stuart_Hobbs says:

I totally agree with you, I only went to uni later in life, mostly because I had fuck all idea where I wanted to be in life so figured I shouldn’t waste going to uni to do something I might hate. I hated highschool and all the shit and bs that gets passed off as being amazing and awesome. I couldn’t stand the whole idea that somehow you had to care if the first team won or not because at the end of the day sweet fuck all you do at high school really matters. Uni on the other hand is just amazing from day one. Like I said I was older when I went to uni so I was cock sure of myself from the get go and knew at least a bit more than most of my classmates. There is something to be said about going out till 3 in the morning then getting up at 7 for a full day of lectures and not feeling like you were weird for doing it. I miss those days, the real world is a pile of shit.

2. Pingback: Tweets that mention ExMi » From The Archives -- Topsy.com

3. Kristen says:

I know what you mean. I miss being the ‘tequila queen’! I hardly recognise the girl, I used to be in my old high school/varsity photos -and it really wasn’t that long ago. ‘Fun’ used to come so naturally back then, nowdays I have to be like, ‘okay Kris, you will go out tonight and drink and dance and have fun.’
    .-= Kristen´s last blog ..Random Ramblings =-.

I did not have a university life, so I do miss my school days. The days where we bunked school and went over to someone’s house and partied untill just before the parents arrived home. The days where you visited friends over the weekend and drank and smoked till you were F@@@@@. Yes, I miss those days, the worry free days.
    .-= blackhuff´s last blog ..The weekend =-.

5. C says:

hah when I was at uni I played pool at Villins alot! It has good tables! gonna go play there next month, after so many years….

lol that incident must have been hysterical 🙂

I agree high school was not the best of times, but uni…was all good. I miss that we all had free time to just hang around and do nothing, but talk nonsense and have fun.
    .-= cassey´s last blog ..The weekend =-.

7. Oh I hated high school – really not my best time ever. I did like varsity but my absolute best time ever was in my late 20’s – gosh we partied until forever.

8. Shebee says:

Dude, didn’t we have this conversation a while ago? If we did then you know I’m fully with you on this.

And oh, to go to Villians again. That’s where Cath and I did most of our milk buying…

I miss younger less responsible me too.

Love you, pube.

xx
    .-= Shebee´s last blog ..Steri Stumpie – fun, funky & fulla flava! =-.

9. Shebee says:

Also, check your kiff cellbrick, bru. Snort.
    .-= Shebee´s last blog ..Steri Stumpie – fun, funky & fulla flava! =-.

10. awww…look how cute you are.

i loved high school. i went to the crappiest school in the whole of johannesburg. it was terrible academically but really awesome for learning how to smoke cigarettes and drink tequila.

at uni i got all serious and into politics (and weed), then i studied and studied and studied until i turned 28. 10 years of university. i guess i must have REALLY loved that too.
    .-= the jackson files´s last blog ..YMCA =-.

11. University Rocked!!! Good times, good booze and an awesome experience all round.
    .-= Ravi Reddy (the Islander)´s last blog ..No ordinary family – trailer =-.

Reminiscences can be fun.
    I have often wished I could go back to school. I liked it.
    .-= Angel´s last blog ..How To Drive In South Africa =-.