I Don’t Want to Jinx it, But it’s Been Really Easy Lately

Being this Kid’s mom has been an absolute breeze lately.

He gets home from school in the afternoon, and I get asked for a “smooch and a hug” (ie: I don’t have to pin him to the ground and wrestle a hug and kiss out of him) – he tells me he missed me. He cuddles with me on the couch, and asks me to bath with him or shower with him, when it’s time to get clean. He “helps” me in the kitchen and he likes picking up clothes and putting them in the wash basket. He loves it when I let him use the microwave or the washing machine.

He plays outside by himself, in the garden. Chasing the dogs or riding his motorbike. All that he asks is that I sit with him and watch him. So he can have those “look mommy, look at me” moments.

He begs his dad to watch Ben 10 in the afternoon, which secretly pleases The Boyfriend, because he loves Ben 10 too. He begs to watch Thundercats. Best of all, he’s given up on Astro Boy. And moved onto Over The Hedge. Which is not *that* bad, yet.

If he wakes up before us in the morning, he’ll play quietly in his bedroom until we’re up, and then he’ll come through and ask for milk and ask to climb into bed and lie with me. At night, when he drinks his milk before bedtime, he usually has a cuddle with The Boyfriend – finishes his milk and then asks to “lie with daddy, just a little bit longer please, mommy.” And then after five minutes, he kisses us both good night and climbs into his bed.

I tuck him in, give him another kiss and he closes his eyes and goes to sleep. Just like that. No issues. No crying, no whining, no shouting.

He eats all his dinner and asks for more. He reminds me to give him his vitamins. He tells me when he needs his nappy changed and he says please and thank you. Often.

How did this happen? How did the screaming, pouting, sulking toddler I had not so long ago – the one that only listened if i raised my voice – turn into such a well-behaved little boy?

Can I keep him, please?

This entry was posted in family things, love things, parenting things and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to I Don’t Want to Jinx it, But it’s Been Really Easy Lately

1. Mike says:

Mine is also at that age now. It is great, isn’t it. Can’t believe we survived that difficult phase. Unfortunately number 2 is just starting it now…..
    Kids. Always something new.

2. Romy says:

And the most awesome kid award goes to…. THE KID!

You lucky little bitch πŸ˜‰

3. flarkus says:

Keep doing whatever you’re doing! You’ve stumbled onto a wonder of nature!

thanks, now let’s hope it lasts!

Mine is also like this and the conclusion I’ve made out of her behaviour is the fact that she misses me throughout the day. But heck, it’s also nice if they do behave so easy πŸ™‚
    .-= blackhuff´s last blog ..Teaching children life lessons =-.

definitely is worlds more pleasant when they’re agreeable, easy-going human-beings πŸ™‚

5. joyanne says:

aah. enjoy the easy times – and the good news is, in general I have found more and more easy times as my boy gets older. Although annoying phases ahead for you could include the ‘argue over every thing’stage, the ‘cheeky but not cute’ staga and the ultra-long, could actually be permanent ‘rude but lame jokes about bums, poo etc’ phase.

However, now Raph’s in the pre teen years i dare say there’s a whole new range of issues about to surface. Makes me long for an ‘easy’ tantrum πŸ™‚
    .-= joyanne´s last blog ..Wherein I Reveal My Insecure Side =-.

we’ve had an ‘argue over everything phase’ (it’s quite difficult to argue with a two year old, i must say. and the the ultra-long, could actually be permanent ‘rude but lame jokes about bums, poo etc’ phase is definitely firmly ensconced. nothing funnier than a fart, or pretending to fart. or calling someone a ‘stinky bum’.

not looking forward to the teenage boy phase. definitely not. i think boarding school is VERY much in order.

6. Boobah's Mom says:

Lovely! I’m so happy for you! This really made me feel so … ‘Awwwwwww’.

I hope this lasts forever, otherwise as long as completely possible!
    .-= Boobah’s Mom´s last blog ..I am not forgotten… =-.

same here. it’s so much less hassle when he’s not grumpy/moody/whiny/throwing tantrums all the time.

When you figure out your secret let me know, my friend’s kid sounds like your “before” version. πŸ˜‰

i can lend you mine for a while, if you like πŸ™‚

8. Johanni says:

Awww so totally cute!! Reading this post made me want one of my own… But only if he can be as cute as yours! πŸ™‚

Your little person is sooooo cute.
    .-= cassey´s last blog ..I’ve been thinking =-.

thanks, I like to think so too πŸ™‚

10. Please please please send him over to have a chat with my two fellows. Heaven, I could do with all that!

lol. sure. when do you want him?

11. Wenchy says:

Enjoy it while it lasts poplap πŸ™‚
    .-= Wenchy´s last blog ..For Liam is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. =-.

oh, i will πŸ™‚

12. Pingback: Tweets that mention ExMi Β» I Don’t Want to Jinx it, But it’s Been Really Easy Lately -- Topsy.com

13. Louisa says:

I’ve only ever seen your kid in sweetheart mode. πŸ˜‰
    .-= Louisa´s last blog ..The hairy truth about the blue ears… =-.

luckily for you. πŸ™‚

Wow. Thats one seriously well adjusted happy kid. Clearly his school is the awesome!
    .-= Angel´s last blog ..I Am… =-.