- This week has felt like the longest week in the history of ever. At least it’s not a week full of Mondays, like last week. Although this Monday did suck the big one, as two speeding fines arrived for me. One for doing 101.1km in a 60 zone, the other for doing 85 in a 60 zone. Same zone. Two days apart. Fucksticks. Anyone know how to go about getting fines reduced?
- My Kid is starting to develop a serious sense of humour and is far more observant than I realise. I asked him the other day what his father was doing. His reply? “Daddy’s sulking, mommy”. Too bloody right he was. Got me into shit, because The Boyfriend thought I’d told him to say that, but I hadn’t. Not at all.
- He loves going to the park. It’s his favourite place in the entire world and he claims this slide as his own. Chasing him around the park is pretty fun though, he runs and screams and laughs and shouts “you can’t catch me mommy“. Going on the swings is pretty cool too. It’s probably been at least 15 years since I was last on a swing and I must say, there’s something quite liberating about seeing how high you can swing.
- He has decided that he doesn’t like supper any more. Believe me, it’s not my cooking (my cooking is GREAT) – he just picks at his supper, shuffles it around on his plate and then tells me he’s finished. This is The Kid who’ll eat brocolli and carrots with his daymother, but won’t eat the delicious homemade chicken nuggets that I’ve spent hours preparing. The only thing guaranteed to be finished on his plate? Tomato sauce.
- The Boyfriend is seriously trying my patience. We had two really fantastic-in-love days this week, and for the rest of the time we’ve been fighting/sulking/acting like assholes. To be fair, a lot of the asshole behaviour has been on my part. But I’m excused due to PMS.
- This winter I’ve developed a fixation with scarves. It started out with The Boyfriend’s sister bringing me a gorgeous scarf back from Peru, and has culminated in me buying scarves online. At the end of next week, I’ll have gone from zero to seven.
- I love the carpets I picked out for the loft upstairs. I think they’re great. They’re soft and – best of all – stainproof. There’s been a delay with the renovations upstairs, and with moving the all the furniture up there – The Boyfriend has discovered that there is a flaw in his plan (and it’s not the fact that I’m worried how the couches will fit up our narrow stairs) – so it’s on hold for a while.
- My mother and my sister are coming over for pizza tonight. I’m making. Just fyi: you haven’t lived until you’ve tried my pizza. Tomorrow morning I’m going shopping with SleepyJane – we’re going to look for something to wear to the AnGlug Wedding.
- I love Urban Dictionary. Like beyond words. My favourite discovery: “Bat Shit Signal”: Like the bat signal, only used to summon someone crazy.
- My Kid has four robots. A red one, a black one, a blue one, and a white one. The black one is named “Black”. The red one is named “Red”. The white one is, of course, called “White”. Guess what the blue one’s name is? If you guessed “Blue”, you’d be wrong. It’s “Bob” – and I have no idea why.
- We’ve had to shelve the idea of potty training for a while. He’s just not into it. So much so that he’d wake up four/five times in one night, crying inconsolably and refuse to go back to sleep. Once I’d realised it was the potty-training that was making him anxious, we stopped and he’s been sleeping through again.
- I really, really like KFC’s new Yoghurt Krushers. The Berry one is great. I like it even more than I like Oreo MacFlurries, and that’s saying a lot.
- That being said, this pseudo-dieting thing is going great. My jeans are so loose I have to wear a belt to avoid having to constantly hike my jeans up to prevent them from falling right off. Fat burners ftw 🙂
- I have survived this week without Bioplus. And we’ve been seriously busy at work. I survived on two cups of coffee a day. I haven’t died from withdrawals, and I’m not as tired when I get home. Good thing, definitely. Still miss my Bioplus though.
- I can hear a lot of sighing going on in this office – that’s completely normal. In fact, I work at Sigh Central and I am the mayor of sighs.
- I hate the fact that the traffic is back with a vengeance. While the World Cup was on, I was averaging 10-15 minutes max, on the work/home trip. Now, if it’s half an hour, it’s quick. Sigh.
Now it’s home time. Happy weekend, ya’ll.
Got anything interesting/relaxing/fun/exciting/illegal planned?