My Favourite Time Of The Day

Is 4:20. Not for the reasons you think.

It’s usually the time we arrive at the park. I collect The Kid from his daymother just before 4 and then we go home to collect The Boyfriend, and we head out to a park we discovered that’s about a 5 minutes drive from our house.

Every afternoon when I collect him, he greets me with a shriek of joy, and asks me with squirmy expectancy if we’re going to the park today. Sometimes I have to say no, because it’s been just too bloody cold lately for it to be pleasant outdoors.

Yesterday was the perfect day. Warm in the sun, not too windy. The Kid didn’t even bother with the swings or merry go-round this time. He was all about the SLIDE. He went down the slide backwards, forwards, upside down and times a million.

So even though it’s usually still rather cold, and I’m usually (at that time of the day) hungry, tired and whiney – just seeing this smile – makes this my favourite time of day. And totally worth the effort.

So 4:20. Every day. It’s the time I look forward to.

And not for reasons you’d think.

What’s your favourite time of day?

This entry was posted in family things, life things, love things, parenting things and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to My Favourite Time Of The Day

1. sass says:

geez! you really are growing up, aren’tcha?! πŸ™‚
    .-= sass´s last blog ..spectacular spectacle =-.

2. Tara says:

When I’m home and it’s 4:20 for all the reasons you think πŸ˜›

Actually my fave time of day is the rare chance I get to be up at 3/4 a.m. Love how quiet the world is and I can just *be*

3. SwissTwist says:

Oh ExMi, he is just SO adorable, growing up so handsome πŸ™‚

Great photos
    .-= SwissTwist´s last blog ..Great web finds =-.

4. NickiD says:

Mine will soon be around 4:20 too … working from 07:30 to 4 as of 16 August! Right now, my favourite time of the day is around 07:00, when I walk into Monkey’s room and he’s standing in his cot, arms outstretched with the BIGGEST grin on his face and a mop of scraggly bed hair πŸ™‚ *loooove*
    .-= NickiD´s last blog ..Beautiful Beanie =-.

5. NickiD says:

PS: Your Kid is just THE PERFECT MIX of you and the BF πŸ™‚ GORGEOUS! x
    .-= NickiD´s last blog ..Beautiful Beanie =-.

My favorite time of the day is 16h45 when I pick up my kids from creche and aftercare center. Because, just like you kid, they both shriek of happiness when they see us and then we can be together as a family again.
    .-= blackhuff´s last blog ..The small things in life =-.

7. Love it πŸ™‚
    .-= Jean Pant… wiff a dog´s last blog .. =-.

8. Wenchy says:

I like it when it is silent, in the night.

9. sass says:

btw. it’s amazing how much he’s grown from when i first met the two of you. he’s so handsome!
    .-= sass´s last blog ..spectacular spectacle =-.

My favorite time of day is around 2:30-3 when Ian wakes up from his nap a couple hours before Casey comes home. He is in a great mood and we play.
    .-= Bobbi Janay´s last blog ..Dog Days of Summer =-.

11. Twistygirl says:

My favourite time of day is driving home from work (if there isn’t any traffic of course). It gives me time to wind down before getting home, listening to the radio or some cd’s and just organising my thoughts
    .-= Twistygirl´s last blog ..It’s all on the wall =-.

12. Jeanette says:

I love taking the kids and dogs to the park in the afternoons too πŸ™‚
    It’s awesome that you have one so close
    .-= Jeanette´s last blog ..197-365 – A tiny town =-.

When my Glugster gets home from work.

I can’t believe how the kid has suddenly grown!
    .-= Angel´s last blog ..Be A Virtual Guest At AnGlugWedding! =-.

14. Pingback: In Response to Sproutsmom’s Post… « Boobah's Mom (plus ONE)