The Boyfriend and I have been together for over four years, and have been living together for over three of those years. It’s a pretty sad that we’d never been away together alone (just the two of us) ever. We’ve been away with family, with friends and with The Kid – but never just the two of us. So when I got an email asking me if I’d like to spend a night in The Ultimate Suite at The Crowne Plaza, Johannesburg; I agreed, with not a second’s hesitation.
“Ah,” I thought, “the perfect opportunity to have a supremely dirty very mini-break with my love”. I had a look online, and discovered that The Ultimate Suite seems to double as a honeymoon suite. And it has an ENORMOUS bath. I’m a big fan of honeymoon suites, and an even bigger fan of ENORMOUS baths.
Our stay included cocktails at the Circle Bar and dinner at The Butcher Block – which basically meant we could have a date night, indulge in some alcoholic beverages (with umbrellas) and not worry about driving home. Score. All we had to do was find our way to the elevator, after a few cocktails.
So, here’s the lowdown on our experience at The Rosebank:
- The welcoming platter of chocolate treats and strawberries when we got to the suite was a nice touch.
- The suite itself was pretty amazing – very funky, ecclectic decor, a lounge, a huge bed, a bar and table to seat a whole bunch of people (as we were leaving in the morning, my BF commented that we should have invited people over for a party – there certainly was enough space) and two bathrooms and LOADS of closet space, surprisingly for a hotel room.
- Novelty factor – phones in every room, including the toilet. Made my BF giggle.
- The cocktails at the Circle Bar are superb – and there’s quite a few tequilas to choose from as well. The fact that the bar stocks Olmeca Black is a big win in my books.
- The bath is supremely comfortable and roomy enough for two people. 😉 Let’s leave it at that, shall we?
- An overabundance of white fluffy towels tickled me as well – most hotels never put enough towels in the room for my liking.
- The Butcher Block is aptly named – and their vegetarian options are disappointingly limited. Luckily my man is a carnivore and relished the opportunity to order what must surely be the world’s largest steak.
- We managed to sleep in (a rare luxury with a three-year-old, I must say) thanks to the heavenly bed and even-more-so-heavenly thick, block-out curtains.
- The breakfast buffet served at the Fresh restaurant was pretty mouthgasmic too – all fresh, all delicious. Very nice.
All in all – we totally enjoyed our stay and would like to send our thanks to the hotel and its staff for totally spoiling us, and indulging our every need during our stay.
So you’re feeling jealous that we got a freebie like this, right? And you’re wanting the same VIP treatment right about now, arencha? Course you are…
You’ll be happy to hear that there’s a night’s stay, with vouchers for cocktails and dinner – just like we had – up for grabs. All you have to do is Like their Facebook Page to be entered into the competition. It’s that simple!
Have you entered yet?
You could also: